Kohei Fujii Guitars

Kohei Fujii Guitars

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Body parts are ready

     This week, I finished all parts making for bodies. I made solid linings made from Spanish ceder (Cedro). I have been using solid linings for five years. This lining requires a lot of time to make; however, the solid lining  makes real difference of sound quality. More focused, clear, and over tones are generated for a guitar with solid linings. Solid linings make sides more strong and rigid with almost no extra weight increase. Cosmetically, solid linings are more beautiful although it sits inside the box.
     I also finished neck and bottom block makings. Neck blocks are also made from Cedro. Cedro is my first choice material for major guitar parts, because the Cedro is light, strong, easy to work, and smells pretty good. Working with Cedro is a really joy for me.Next week, I will assemble all parts to complete the body.



No comments:

Post a Comment