Kohei Fujii Guitars

Kohei Fujii Guitars

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Purfling install

This week, I did purfling install for the MD model. Purfling is my own design using White (Maple)-Walnut-White-Black (died maple) layout. First step is cutting border for purfling channel. German spruce creates tipping very easily from a high speed routing tool. To create very clean border between the purfling and the body, I always hand cut the borders. Then, using a Dremel, I cut the purfling channel. Dremel cutting accuracy is not good enough for me, I always cut the channel slightly smaller than the cutting border. So, I need a hand cut using a very sharp chisel to complete the purfling channel. Now, it ready for installing the purfling. Purfling channels are super clean, and have super clean border. Last two photos are completed body for purfling work. I really like very detailed work .

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kohei:
    I like your bevel design, which looks different from others. It retains the symmetry of the body profile. Very tasty!

    Jene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jene:

    This arm-rest bevel design was inspired by Kevin Ryan's design. I will add five orval sound ports on the Bevel.

    Kohei

    ReplyDelete