Kohei Fujii Guitars

Kohei Fujii Guitars

Friday, July 1, 2011

Brazilian special is completed

Finally, the Brazilian special nylon model is completed. I attached a Kasha style impedance matching bridge. This bridge is heavily tapered. So, the bridge install is quite tricky. Tapered edge bends when apply glue due to the moisture. I have to use a vacuum clump for removing moisture during the cure of the glue. You may see very thin bridge. I also installed an arm rest. The arm rest is also made by the 100-years old special Brazilian rose wood.

The completed guitar created a piano like very even tone with nice brightness. Bass is very strong and treble to very bright. I have never heard of this much strong bass other than Kasha bracing system. This guitar has very nice Kasha model sound. However, my design showed more balanced tone character, because I shortened some tone bars in buss side. I also added two strong horizontal braces in upper bout. I also moved the sound hole into players side. This offset sound hole improved monitoring capability for a player. So, this guitar does not need additional sound ports. Anyway, I am really happy with result.

I will install a piezo pick-up system for this guitar.

No comments:

Post a Comment